Ether is a necessary element — a fuel — for operating the distributed application platform Ethereum. It is a form of payment made by the clients of the platform to the machines executing the requested operations. To put it another way, ether is the incentive ensuring that developers write quality applications (wasteful code costs more), and that the network remains healthy (people are compensated for their contributed resources).
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Satori botnet searching internet for open Ethereum mining rigs - SC Magazine UK
- Satori Botnet Scouring the Web for Open Ethereum Mining Rigs - Ethereum World News (blog)
- Cryptocurrency This Week: Delhi Police Raids Ethereum Mining Unit, Bitcoin Exchange Bitxoxo Closes Pre-Sale ICO ... - Inc42 Media
- These $2000 devices designed to mine Ethereum are selling out — and critics say they could weaken faith in ... - Business Insider